What do I need to participate in Indiana Kayak Anglers tournaments?
Besides your kayak and your fishing gear, you’ll need the following items:
- Kayak, Canoe, or SUP. All craft must be human-powered (pedal or paddle). No electric or gas motors.
- Hawg Trough measuring device. Check the resources page for sources to purchase one. Make sure the measurement lines get marked with a dark marker.
- Digital Camera. Either a standard single purpose camera or the one on your smartphone.
- Personal Flotation Device. All events REQUIRE these to be worn at ALL TIMES.
- Indiana Fishing License. All laws of the state must be followed along with any regulations for the water you’re fishing.
How do I sign up to fish a tournament?
At this time, no pre-registration is required. Follow the event information on Facebook for times of the event, then simply show up for registration, fill out your waiver (you can print and do this ahead of time), pay your entry fees, and fish! Entry fees and additional charges (such as launch fees) will vary by event, so check the event pages on Facebook for more details. All fees must be paid in cash at this time.